Wednesday, January 12, 2011

2010 - looking back, looking forward

I was thinking about 2010 - the year in review
What would I want to say about last year?

What would I want to remember in 20 years?

Is there anything that changed my life?

Our family?

Almost everything about last year, brings me back to the day we landed in L.A. after spending Christmas in Guam with Mike. 

We landed at 5am on January 12th. 

Rented a car.

And drove to San Diego.

The boys slept - we pulled up in the drive-way and went back to bed.

When we got up about 2 in the afternoon, there were a couple of messages on our answering machine that
didn't make sense to me.  One person was asking about Mike and Haiti - and I thought they were confused about where he was.  I didn't know about the earthquake. 

We aren't a TV family.  We never have the TV just "on" for background noise. 

We went about the afternoon, warm and sunny in San Diego.

The boys visiting with their friends and finding out what everyone got for Christmas.

It wasn't until later in the evening that I decided to turn on the computer and send Mike an email that we had arrived home and all was well.

That is when I found out about the earthquake in Haiti.

That is when 2010 became something different for me.

I can't even explain all the emotion.

The things in my life that changed instantly,

and the things in my life that are still changing.

I have a greater vision

a bigger passion

a more sincere heart

What is happening in Haiti?

 - a year later -

there are stories of hope

and success

and love

and changed lives

But also, there are stories of things that haven't changed much at all. 
But the good news is;
It's not too late to help. 
It's never too late.......

For more information on how to get involved in Haiti and the ministries there.
Check out the links below.

Who is Heartline?

What do they do in Haiti?

Student sponsorship

The Women's Program

Host a Purse Party

Teen Mom Home

Do you and a group of friends want to travel to Haiti?

Check out the Guest House here!

Have more questions?

Email me!~  I will do my best to find an answer for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment