Thursday, January 19, 2012

Just sayin' (volume 4)

Okay ....hold on to your seat.

HERE I GO!!

So - we have only been foster parents since April.

In those nine short months -
I estimate that 100 people have said to me....

"I just couldn't do it"

listen to me now.

That's a selfish thing to say.

Think about what you are saying.

Basically this....

"I care more about my own emotions and how hard it would be for me
than I do the fact that I have the ability and the means to give a child
in need a good home."

If you are reading this, and you have said this to me -
don't hide from me the next time you see me.

I'm not casting stones at anyone
and I don't have a secret list in my head of all the people that have said this.
(*I need my brain space for more important things.....)

and I have thought (and probably said) the same thing for many years.

Sometimes it takes a little shaking around of your thought process
to see things clearly.

Some of us, (me) take more shaking than others.

So what's the bottom line?

Consider foster care -
You CAN make a difference!


Contact me to learn more about foster care on Guam:
Melda Thornton
MikenMelda@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment