Thursday, August 18, 2011

The New Normal

I can't believe it's been 3 weeks since a baby girl was placed in our home for foster care.

For those who don't know me well,  I love babies.

Really, really...........yes, really.

Everything - yes, I am dog-tired and most days I want to take a nap, (and some days I do)

But I look at that sweet, little face and see Jesus.

contentment

trust

peace

gentleness

faithfulness

joy
So we are adjusting to a new normal here at the Thornton casa.

Here are a few photos:

Last months laundry:


This month's laundry:















Last month
I was getting up at 5am to go to the gym.


This month
I am napping on the couch by 5pm.




Last month's kitchen:


This month's kitchen:


(the only downside to foster care and adoption)
(nursing is SO MUCH easier than making bottles)


And this is just a small example of the changes in our house.

I want to give a special thank you to so many friends, neighbors, church family and just people who heard we were in need.

The outpouring of diapers, wipes, baby clothes, strollers .........everything. 
You have truly blessed us beyond measure
for this new little one in our home.
Please continue to pray for the legal process to go quickly.
In the best interest of the baby, we want her to be in her forever home as soon as possible, no matter where that might be.  We certainly are bonding with her and loving her each and every day.  If God would have her be part of our family, we would be so thankful.

Thank you all!

1 comment:

  1. Love this! So glad you blog. I will follow. :) Prayers going up.

    ReplyDelete