Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Orphan Sunday

We had a great day on Sunday.

We visited Harvest Baptist Church and celebrated with our friends the dedication and adoption of their son.

It's such a sweet and precious thing to understand how we fit into God's family through adoption.
I love to hear the people of the islands here sing.
The rich harmonies remind me of growing up in the south.
I just can't explain it..... they sing with such conviction.
Each word to them is real.




The service was followed by a fiesta.  (lots of good food!)
and we met other foster families and had a good time in fellowship.
Some of the social workers came too.

After church, the men folk headed out for an afternoon of paintball.


I had some ladies over to share with them the Apparent Project.
I have no photos because Mike had the camera - because I was so busy talking that I didn't take any.
(*Mike did have the camera, but I didn't know it!)


The ladies that came got to pick out one of a kind original art in the form of necklaces and bracelets.
Their purchase also allowed men and women in Haiti to provide for their families;
food, shelter and the chance to go to school.

It's not often that you buy something and you know who made it.
Each piece has the artist photo on it and tells you a little of their story.

It's a life changing experience to really grasp the depths of supporting this project.

If you would like to host a party - click here to learn more.

Orphan Sunday has past for 2011-so you may be thinking, "Now what?"
Click here to learn more.

If you have questions about how to plug in on Guam to Foster Care and the ministry at Harvest,
please email me:  MikenMelda@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment