Thursday, April 26, 2012

Meleah's visit and foster care update

It's been a while since I did a foster care update - and since at least 100 people have seen Meleah's picture - I thought an update was in order.

Long story - short.

Meleah is leaving the island of Guam - and we were offered the chance to see her again, and we took it.
We had her for about 24 hours (last Sat. afternoon to Sunday afternoon) and it's a moment in time that I wish I could freeze forever.

She has grown of course, but still the sweet, adorable little princess that we love and miss.

We took 101 photos and basically videoed all 24 hours....  and I won't subject you to all of that.
*just some of it)

Here are some of our favs.

This is the photo that I posted on FB
Zion was over the moon to see her



I can't believe she is pulling up and standing!


and those eyelashes....oh my heart!

Zion took most of the photos - so, a little bit of her head is chopped off,
but still the sweetest smile!



Again, I want to say thanks to everyone for your prayers.

She is happy and healthy and that is a blessing to me.

Even though it's hard to admit that she didn't remember us,

I am thankful that she has adjusted and is bonding to the

new people in her life.


The other girls - JJ and TC have been with us for four months now.

They are doing well and the boys and girls in this house,
TRULY act like brothers and sisters - oh my!

The move to the base school has been a challenge for them,
but it's good to see them grow academically.

They are learning to take pride in their work and we often talk about how working hard in school helps you get a better job and be able to take care of yourself and your family when you are older.  It may seem like a crazy thing to talk to a 6 and 8 year old about, but it's a totally different way of thinking for them.  And I hope the shift in thinking can help them long after they leave our home.

In other Guam foster care news:

Read this news article:

Please pray for these children.
I have seen them -
they are doing well in their new foster home -
but they need a lot of love!

There is still a great need for foster parents on Guam.
Please contact me if you have any questions about how to get involved in the foster care ministry.
You DO NOT have to be a foster parent to help!
Thank you!!!

MikenMelda@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment